This all started one dreary November night in the dampness of the that big house on Clinton Street up North in as was one Craiglist ride sharer deemed the Promise Land, Portland. I had set out to start the invention on the note of a new personal facade. Taking the most cliche symbol of that Promise Land I embraced a new found comfort in abstraction all while trying on inter personal plasticity. Shame became the sentiment of revolution. Once washed free of the outsiders assumptions of my desired form these buds kept blooming.
Starting out black on white washed grey boards I then moved to my most preferred surface, high gloss paper. And Red and Gold Roses I is my most recent prize, one that is finding its way in reproduced forms as the centerpiece to make shift paper-doll sets.
Regardless of current trends, looking back to this subject matter's beginning perhaps I was tricked for now I see we can only understand our selves through our creations after the fact, not by way of preceding intentions. As for now though, as always it's been far better to fill in the lines between translucid emotions with a brush and paper than with lines like, "It could be a tattoo."