3.21.2010

An itch for change comes in black or white







Hanging on the arm of film maker G Lewis I witnessed some divine writing by Angeleno RETNA at the New Image Gallery. Bestowed with some delightful bright faces from the art back streets and wide streets everything thing looks to be promising and over all the show was grreeat.

Men at work:



Spring was intoxicating most and the spirits were high, even Jeffery Deitch was around before and during RETNA's opening. A long time friend of New Image's owner and curator its about time things aren't falling far from the tree. I predict with new imports seeds ought to sprout a spawning generation of contemporary art of all depths.

Really New Image is a feast to be had until April 20:






Must Note: This van is classic! RETNA couldn't come to a hault, even after all supplies we're moved out and packed up his art cart needed a mark. Hate wasting good materials too and like having a crowd:

(Cyber High Five to the person who can name the first art cart [okay, van] I referenced on the blog)